Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application for network boosting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alongepo

alongepo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

Good day all, please my broadband network is slow when i share, i would like to know if there is any application i can download to make my pc network fast. i use Lan and share to people via wifi. 

Edited by hamluis, 14 February 2015 - 10:32 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

Hi alongepo :)

A such application doesn't really exists. You cannot boost your connection speeds over the one you pay for in your plan with your ISP. The only way you can have the full speed you pay for is to be on a wired connection (on this modem or router) or be on the WiFi, with no interferences on the network and really close to the access point (AP, router, repeater, etc.) If the people you share your connection with over the WiFi wants better speeds, they should get closer to the WiFi, connect to the 5GHz band (if your router have dual band, 2.4GHz and 5GHz), you should setup an environment with as little interference as possible, etc. What are your speeds on a wired connection? Run a test on SpeedTest.net and share the result here.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users