Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

painting inside your case onto internal components?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

Has anyone here painted any parts inside their case?

I came across these....

I am new to this computer world. But love learning more about them each day.

I realy like the paint and contraist on the HDD cage. And I also love the fact that they painted the graphics card faceplate white.

Whats everyone think? Or experance with this? After searching google and yahoo I did not come up with many topics about this.

I supposed a lot of it depends on what you paint? And with what kind of paint?

http://www.techreaction.net/forums/cases-modding/5901-tricorder-chic-2.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

I would think that any extra layer of paint or whatever vinyl dye is would further insulate components. In a computer, rapid dissipation of heat

is necessary. Anything that decreases that ability would not be a good idea.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

Although the painting of components wouldn't be something I personally would do - just keep in mind that you will have to take the parts you want to paint off of the component.  You don't want to go spray painting actual circuit boards.  That would be a big no no in my book.  But if your wanting to take the time and colorize your stuff... have at it!

#4 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

If you are going to do this, avoid using spray paint with acetone in it, because acetone dissolves plastic. In other words, don't use spray paint at all, or make sure the can specifies "acetone free."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users