Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Theme occasionally starting on basic, unable to switch to Aero

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Terwaffle

Terwaffle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

I recently built my first PC and have installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. For some reason when I boot up my computer, it tends to start with a basic theme, not letting me switch to Aero. I can select an Aero theme, however the taskbar and windows remain in basic. When I click to change the Aero window color, the old window color and appearance dialog box appears rather than the usual Aero color picker and transparency window. After a quick restart, however, it boots up with Aero working perfectly. It seems to be that Aero fails when I boot fresh but works fine if I restart. I have tried many things to get it working correctly, none of which have worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows, uninstalled and reinstalled my GPU and all its drivers, stopped and restarted the necessary services for running Aero, and ran the Aero troubleshooter (which found no problems) as well as the fixit which told me my graphics card could not run Aero, which is obviously not true since it runs it just fine half the time (its an MSI Geforce GTX 750 Ti). I've made sure I'm running 32-bit color as well as a few other things that I'm probably forgetting. It is getting extremely irritating so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My System:
AMD FX 6300 6 Core Processor (3.5 Ghz)
MSI Geforce GTX 750 Ti

ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users