Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats a good aftermarket cooler that will fit in my case?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wes104

wes104

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

i have a z77a-g45 and finally save up enough to replace my g1620 to a i7 3770k and goign to use the stock cooler for a little bit but i would like to get a good aftermarket cooler so i can have the ability to overclock if i need to or want to.case is a DIABLOTEK EVO

http://diablotek.com/v2.0/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=36&category_id=59&flypage=tpflypage.tpl&page=shop.product_details&product_id=97&vmcchk=1&Itemid=36

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,622 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

If you want to overclock and you are serious about it, go with liquid cooling. It costs no more than a normal air setup, and the performance is excellent. I was aggravated in my builds using AMD processors because I had a hard time keeping the lid on the temperatures. I switched to liq cooling and never looked back. Quiet and powerful. Here are two getting top reviews from Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=liquid+coolers&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Just an additional thought: however you set this up, do not block any airflow from the radiator fan. I added a dust filter to my unit, and the CPU temp went up 3°. Not a big deal because the unit already lowered my temps by 10-13°C but if you are a hard-core gamer it may make a difference. I don't game.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 wes104

wes104
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

i would really like to stick with air coolers because i really cant afford to lose any of my pc to leaks 

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2015 - 05:08 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

A CoolerMaster 212 Evo is good value and effective.  You have to spend quite a bit more (or go to liquid cooling) to significantly better it's performance, and it's less than $30.  It's not the only choice but a popular one.  It should fit in most mid-sized ATX cases (your manufacturer doesn't specify a max cooler height).  Noctua, Thermalright, Scythe, Zalman, Phanteks amongst others also make some nice coolers.  Most standard mid tower cases take up to about a 160mm (6") high cooler without it stopping you put the side panel back on..

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

I personally like the Noctua range of cpu fans.  They also have a low profile model available.

#6 wes104

wes104
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

i ended up geting a cooler master hyper 212 evo.i got it nib for 20 dollars plus free shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users