Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JHphc028

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

I'm running MS Office 2013 Professional in Windows 8. The old hard drive in my laptop was beginning to fail and I could not clone it directly to the new drive because of the few bad sectors. So I moved over all of my data and documents to the new drive and reinstalled windows, office, and the other apps from scratch. The problem I'm having is with Outlook within Office 2013. Right from the start, I had problems with the new install in terms of migrating my old mail files to the new application install. Multiple issues, from Inbox always hanging up, Outbox hanging up, folders disappearing, etc...I tried to do an Uninstall of Office/Outlook via Control Panel, and a fresh Reinstall via Setup files, but the main mail folders/file that is causing all the problems was automatically ported over to the new reinstall, so all of my problems continue. How do I uninstall Outlook/Office, making sure that I also uninstall the main mail folder/file/configuration, so that it is truly a fresh new install FROM SCRATCH, and NOT saving & porting over any email configuration. Obviously, when you Uninstall the app, it does NOT Uninstall your main email configuration/address/folder...it is saved, and automatically reconfigured upon the Reinstall. Hope I'm making some sense and not babbling incoherently....Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,298 posts
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

Hi JHphc028 :)

Your Outlook configuration files and folders are located in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft and %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft. There should be a folder called Outlook in both these folders. To be sure that you delete everything related to it, I would uninstall Microsoft Office completely using Revo Uninstaller Portable, set the scan type to Advanced and delete all the Registry keys and files/folders found related to it after. Or I would just go in Program Files (x86), Program Files, ProgramData, etc. and delete the Microsoft Office/Office folders manually.

Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users