Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Signs You've Been Playing Fps's Too Long...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

I saw something similar to this cruising around the counter-strike forums a while ago.

What are some signs that you've been playing fps's for too long? I'll post a couple, and i invite others to join in.

1. When walking towards the corner of a building, you lock your eyes at head-level (looking for a headshot), and strafe around the corner.

2. If you can't jump high enough to clear a hurdle or rock, you try to crouch during your leap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:26 PM

3) When you start calling everybody around you "Noob" and attempt to speak 'leet' even though you're not using a keyboard.

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

i carry around a water gun and "kill" people.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:02 PM

Whenever you find your self kicking or turning over objects as your taking a walk. Then you realize your looking for ammo or medkits. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:00 AM

You find yourself saying "w00t" a lot.

You often catch yourself thinking things like, "man, this building would make a killer CS map."
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:46 AM

You see a huge crowd of people and think "Wow, i'm still getting a constant FPS!"

If you see someone bang their head or get punched, you automatically yell out "BOOM!! HEADSHOT!!"

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 28 June 2006 - 10:46 AM.

#7 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

you run while you climb up a ladder.

#8 BlackDeath

BlackDeath

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Your afraid to masturbate cuz you think the neighbor has a wall hack! :thumbsup:

#9 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:30 PM

^^^ Totally family inapproprite... Admin/Mod when you 'clean' that post please remove this line too.

When you climb a ladder to your roof and peek to see if a claymore has been placed.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#10 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

Yea seriously, that one was a bit over the top there.

Anyway,

Avoiding touching the walls in fear that a part of you will clip through it.

#11 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:50 PM

When playing any real life sport, immediately upon losing, you start accusing the other team of hacking.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 28 June 2006 - 11:50 PM.

#12 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:54 PM

Smack your friends when they don't follow you when you leave their house to go to the street.

(reference to rescuing a hostage in CS if that wasn't obvious, that and I didn't want to use 'shooting or stabbing')

#13 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

Yell "fire in the hole" every time you throw something. And are always quick to look away if something is thrown at you just incase it might be a flashbang.

#14 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

While playing paintball you accuse your opponents of being laggy...

After losing an intense game of frisbee you accuse the other team of using a speed mod...

While doing activities that involve running, you walk briskly instead, and with purpose...

When trying to jump on top of something you refuse to use your arms to pull you up, despite your lack of a 6 ft vertical...

:thumbsup:
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

#15 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:44 AM

When playing hide and seek, and are unable to find the other person(s), you accuse them of using an invisible hack (Blackhawk Down).

When ever you get hurt, or fall down, you scream "MEDIC! I NEED A MEDIC HERE!" (BF2)

When looking down from a high spot, you find yourself saying; "Man, this would be a perfect sniping position!!!!.......ermmm, did I just say that out loud?"
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users