Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't View Video From Website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rockgod

rockgod

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

My Wife sent this link to my Mom about breast cancer, we can view it no problem, but Mom's computer was unable to view it:

http://ww3.komotv.com/global/video/popup/p...D1=785456&h

I tried trouble shooting the problem and compared our two set ups - IE is the same, WinXP SP2 is the same, all multimedia and security settings are the same - I tried it without the firewall engaged - nothing!

It works just fine on my PC, but not on Mom's - any insight, suggestions, and/or a description of the player that this website is using to load the video, would be greatly appreciated.

rock on. :thumbsup:

Edited by rockgod, 26 June 2006 - 12:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

Hi rockgod.
According to the website, WMP 7.1 or higher and IE5 or higher are the main requirements.
Cookies must be enabled and any third party pop-up blockers, etc should be disabled.
I looked at it using IE6 with the built in popup blocker enabled and still didn't have a problem though.
There is some video troubleshooting tips for the site here.
That's a pretty scarry story. In case it is somehow related to someone you know, I took a few minutes and recorded it in .wmv (WMP format) and will leave a direct file download link at rapidshare. Feel free to send your mom or anyone else here for the link. When you click the link, select "free" in the lower right hand corner. You'll get a ticket and a brief few seconds wait. Enter the code given and start the download.
Just save to drive and double click, it will open in WMP. It's approx. a 17mb file and will remain on rapidshare for 30 days only.

IBC Story

Edited by HitSquad, 27 June 2006 - 02:44 PM.

#3 rockgod

rockgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

You rock - thanks for doing that. :thumbsup:

It is a very scary story; my mother-in-law had to go through something similar to that, but she's doing really good now.

Can I ask how you pulled the video from the website?

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

Glad to hear your mother in-law is doing well.
To answer your question, I used three freeware apps to snag the video.
Because that particular site hides the "true" url to the videos, I used a url snooper to unmask it.
That site also leaves nothing but a .dat file in the Internet temp folder to recall so once I had the true url, I recorded it using SDP Downloader. Lastly, I used Asftools to chop out the commercials and output the video to .wmv format. Asftools will output to .avi as well but that makes the file size slightly larger.

Edited by HitSquad, 28 June 2006 - 07:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users