Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favourite Game Console

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

I would like to find out what do you was the best game console

Is it the PS2 or are you a old school person who like the atari or the nes???????
Or r u a pc gamer only???

To be honest i play a lot on the ps2 when i go to my cousin's but I own a nes and it has always been my favourite.
The gd old days. I can remember weeping when i finally completed the legend of zelda, shouting with joy when i completed metal gear and feeling satisfied when completing super mario 3 after i had found all most of the secrets by myself!!!!!! :thumbsup:

What do u guys think??? Let me know!!!!!

:flowers:
MathsDude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

Well, there is no arguing, todays consoles are superior all round compared to there oap cousins.
I have a PS2, cant wait for the PS3,ive had nearly every console you can think of,apart from the Atari Jaguar,and i loved the nes,and the Megadrive etc........but have to say,for shere enjoyment,entertainment and just passing time, for me, it was the SNES.

Loved that big grey box and all the games i collected for it, real classics that still stand up to pure gameplay today. Guess it shows that fancy graphics (not that the snes had bad ones) on there own cant hold a game together, it takes quality, and for me, the Super Nintendo had it more than any!

Kind regards,
Graveangel
:thumbsup:

Edited by graveangel, 26 June 2006 - 12:37 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

Yep, bang on the money there!!!!

It is the quality!!!!!
To be honest these there are so many games that u lose count!!!! And more than half of those games come out just for the sake of it.
Wheres in the old days they were sheer quality even if they didnt have gd gfx or whatever fancy stuff u get today

I even remember playing sonic on the mega drive a while ago n i was WOW this still feels great!!!!!!!!
Wheres some ps2 games u get half way through n get bored of it.
I think its got to do with the speed of tech today
U dont get a chance to enjoy something properly!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:
MathsDude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

I've had at least 7 consoles that i can remember right off hand, and i think my favorite of those would have to be the original playstation. Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Tourismo, Ace Combat, Tenchu, Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, and the more abstract ones like Brave Fencer Musashi and Rival Schools...... soooooo many great franchises got their start and/or hit their stride with the ps1. Easily my favorite console of all time.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 26 June 2006 - 12:52 PM.

#5 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:09 AM

Mind u centepede on the atri n jungle hunt was quite fun!!!
If only it still work!!!! :thumbsup:

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:36 PM

I remember my first console being an old Atari 2600 my mom got at a flea market. I've had the NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, GameCube, and PS2. All of them have alot of memories. The PS2 has the most games I like, but the Dreamcast has two of my favorite all time games, Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II. I didn't really have many memorable games with the 64 but the SNES did have EarthBound and Super Mario RPG. It seems that the older systems cared more about the quality of the games whereas nowadays they want to make something that appeals to the masses often leaving out good stories. I hope the games for the next gen consoles are more than just pretty graphics, especially if I'm coughing up almost $600 for the PS3.

3939.png

#7 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:05 AM

LOL!!!!!
Do u ever play on any of those consoles????
U must have one neet collection!!!!!
Doubt it though the ps3 will be any differennt from ps2

#8 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

I don't have the NES, the Atari, SNES, nor the N64 anymore. I got a big collection of games, especially if you count the PC. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

3939.png

#9 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:33 PM

My favourite of all time is the Sega Genisis 16 bit. I do like the DreamCast though caust it has Phantasy Star Online (PSO). Atari 2600 I play often too. I am a retro gamer. I really want a C64 though when I get sum $$$.
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#10 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

I loved my Genises (RIP)... The display/sound connector got ripped out. I loved playing NBA Live '97, that was probably the easiest NBA game to play on. Can't forget Sonic! If I had a SNES, then I would have ALL Mario/Super Mario games!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#11 reinimat

reinimat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:20 AM

Keep up the excellent work - you are somebody that I would call a "real" professional.

#12 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

I can play all my Genises games on an emulator! I have lke 200+ games for the genises now. If you want a link to get the emulator, shoot me a PM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#13 Baree

Baree

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

Yeah... Megadrive II for me. Without a doubt, I'll never get tired of that machine.

#14 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:51 PM

My first favorite were the NES and SNES, with the Mario and Megaman games, those were always fun for me. I also loved all the Sonic games for my Sega Genesis.

I never really tried the PS2 that much, nor am I really appealed to the "Next Gen" systems. But I may pick up a 360 if it drops next year for Halo 3, because Halo 1 had great and fun storyline and Halo 2 on Xbox live was just a blast, except for the screaming 9 year olds.

#15 LaChica

LaChica

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

I like both the PS2 and the Xbox because they both have DOA and Soul Calibur
But I'm gonna go with PS2 because there's the game Ratchet and Clank. And I love Ratchet and Clank. ^.^
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users