Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MY 1st post: Correct motherboard? 1st PC build.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:35 AM

Hi.  This is my very 1st post.

I am building a PC right now.  Well actually buying all the components, then building.

I just bought the Intel i7 4970k  Crucial Ballistix 16gb DDR3 RAM.  I also got the Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 mobo.

MY background and experience with PC's is minimal to none.  I am replacing our home desktop PC.  I could go buy 1 pre-built.  But I want this challenge.

Our PC will only be used for the basics.  Email, browsing, word documents, possibly some light gaming in the future.  But most storing family pics, vids etc.   I might like to get into some home video editing in the future.

Is this mobo good for my needs.

I would like to build the biggest and baddest PC I can.

The more bells and whistles it comes with but I don't have Im ok with.

I've been reading about bottlenecking.

Will this mobo hold me back from performance from my CPU?

Will it limit what I can add or do to my PC in the future?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

possibly some light gaming NO this should run all new games

Will this mobo hold me back from performance from my CPU? this will depend on how much multitasking you do speed things up with solid state drive
Will it limit what I can add or do to my PC in the future? no Enabling Higher Speed Storage Applications with SATA Express

#3 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

I hope you include a good SSD in your build, for your OS at least. It will provide significant speed advantage over a HDD for boot-up and frequently performed tasks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users