There could be 2 causes for this problem:
The NVIDIA graphics card is updating itself during sleep mode.
1. Boot into safe mode.
2. Go to device manager – display adapters – double clicks on the graphic card driver
3. Select “Driver” tab, clicks on the “Roll Back Driver” button.
4. Restart, done.
To avoid this problem to happen again, turn off the NVIDIA automatic update feature.
Go NVIDIA control panel -> Help -> updates, select “Preferences” tab, uncheck the “automatically check for updates”.
A windows update could be the problem
1. From the Start screen, type 'reset' to open the Search charm, and then select Remove everything and reinstall Windows from the search results.
2. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started.
3. On the Reset your PC screen, click Next
4. If prompted, insert your Windows 8 installation disc or recovery media.
5. If your computer has more than one drive installed, you must select whether you want to reset only the drive where Windows is installed, or reset all drives. Make your selection, and then click Next.
6. Select Just remove my files, Then click Next.
7. On the Ready to reset your PC screen, click Reset.
8. Wait while Windows resets your computer. This might take awhile, and your computer will restart.
9. After the recovery, manually fully update the pc (go to start, type: 'Update' and execute all the updates) repeat until there are no updates left
I hope this helps;)
Edited by Basje, 13 February 2015 - 05:19 AM.