Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive full, windows 7 won’t boot.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kenterbent

Kenterbent

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

Hi Bleeping Newbie Kenterbent Here....

With instructions found on bleeping, I was attempting to deal with the iexplorer virus/trojan on my 2 (almost twin) Dell Computers (XPS M1530). Distracted by the purging process, I added programs before deleting files to make room. I was supposed to delete 20-30 GB …. but forgot.

The Dell shut down and would only boot halfway into the windows magic swirl…. and stop. I tried a few basic boot options and safe modes to try to get in and delete something/ anything off the HD (this was my strategy). No go.

Back on Bleeping I ended up with your offered Ultimate Boot CD…. which seemed promising…. I was into my nineth try when The pull of a death in the family made me put it down for two weeks and here I am…. Thinking I should ask for help…. With the boot disc options …. or something I just don’t know about yet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

Sorry for your loss!  No words are enough at times like that.

When you are ready, can you, on another computer with same OS, make a USB boot stick?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Kenterbent

Kenterbent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

THAT was a very big screen shot ...... showing my Ultimate Boot options...... and I could make a boot stick if it would be better than the two disk options.... pushed aside by the screen shot in the last post .... ( dang)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users