Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing shows in document related folders

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hisdebie

hisdebie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

Got my hands on a client's computer running windows 7 pro.  This client is famous for having malware issues.  I ran the usual ccleaner, superantispyware, malwarebytes, combofix, and dr web cure it in safe mode.

Cleaned lots of stuff out.  Mostly pup.  Some trojans.

Also have REIMAGE that needs to go away but doesn't seem to want to and still working on that.

Main issue:  all folders that were in documents are now in the user's folder, where appdata, contacts, etc are.  When I try to open any of the folders, they are empty empty except for picasa.ini.  This has also happened to folders on the desktop where some data was stored.

The documents folder is empty except for shortcuts to the folders that are now in the user folder.  If I try to copy a folder from the users folder to documents, I am asked if I wanted to replace the file already there.  I have said yes and let it replace.  Still nothing shows in the documents after I let it copy and replace.  Tried UNHIDE.exe with no success.

UNHIDE can't find the folder it is looking for in temp.

I have double checked the settings in folder options and all seems well there.  This feels like malware.

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!  THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users