Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive clicking, no visual on monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shades13

shades13

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Hello!

I just recently bought a new video card, the:

"EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB GDDR5 128bit, PCI-E 3.0 Dual-Link DVI-I, 3 x DP, HDMI, SLI, HDCP, G-SYNC Ready Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2966-KR"

by Nvidia. I put it into my computer, in place of my GeForce 560, and went to boot it back up, and got only a black screen in return. I'm noticing that the harddirive is making a click, click, click noise. I'm also noticing that my power supply is a 600w supply, and the card needs a 700w.

The fan on my motherboard now only kicks on briefly and then stops spinning right after I turn it on - I'm pretty sure it does that usually, and then starts spinning fully when the computer begins the boot normally.

I'm wondering if its possible I managed to fry something internally, or there might be another issue I'm just not seeing. I checked all my wires as best I could, and I'm pretty sure I've reconnected everything correctly. I've also tried replacing my new graphics card with the old one, or just removing them both and using the default windows setup. No dice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please & Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shades13

shades13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

Also tried my hdd in an external housing on my laptop. Fires up with no issue, so I'm thinking the hdd is not getting enough power in my PC itself. Hope that helps.

#3 shades13

shades13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

Removing the Graphics Card seems to affect the hdd. It stops clicking and sounds like it's starting to boot up with a normal whir. However, it seems to be repeating, as if it's restarting over and over again. Still no visuals on the monitor, and the fan on my motherboard is only spinning at the immediate startup and then stopping again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users