Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop HP G62 does not work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ziedzizou

ziedzizou

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

Good Morning
when I try to start my laptop HP G62, the computer is plugged in or on battery power, when I press the power button, a little light lights up on the same button and a small amber light also illuminates the F key 12 of wi-fi. but nothing works no fans or display it remains flashing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

I have a CQ60 that had a similar problem. Try powercycling the computer first. You may have to do this more than once to get it to boot. Remove the power adapter and battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Reattach the power adapter and main battery. See if it boots. If not do the same thing but leave the main battery before booting.

If you still cannot get it to boot, replace the CMOS battery. I can't confirm if your problem is the CMOS battery but replacing mine worked for me.

#3 ziedzizou

ziedzizou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

thx

yes I do that but no change

I heated the motherboard and it works  :bounce:

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

So you reflowed the motherboard? It's great that you got it to work. Hopefully it will last. Can you post on what you used for the reflow. Did you use an oven or heatgun?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users