Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long time lurker decides to join the battle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meows

meows

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:43 AM

Through the years I have found over and over solutions for my own servers and desktops as well as my customers at Bleeping Computer. The site completely reminds me of the days of FIDO and when news groups were Free and everything was OPEN and we all shared eagerly and willingly,

Wasn't that yesterday? Maybe not as I did not have a hint of colour on the screen and the screen at first was my brothers TV because he had the biggest TV in the family. Then magic happened and "REAL" monitors were developed, they were about the size of today's tablets in screen size 4-8 huge inches if you had a ton of money.

but the monitors weighed in at many pounds. and looked like a TV without the channel changer. They became to be known as CRT.

Retired due to my doctors telling me to and brain dead due to way to many burnouts and half blind from too many years in front of monitors.

So retired for a few years I made video games, ( none you heard of I am sure ) but did win a award for one.

It didn't help. You can't eat awards.

Now developing hopefully a useful thing. I have 2 grandchildren, husband and a surviving daughter and try to make it to church. Time to repent and get ready to meet my maker and I am not looking forward to that day at all.

So hello to all. *God Bless*

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

Through the years I have found over and over solutions for my own servers and desktops as well as my customers at Bleeping Computer. The site completely reminds me of the days of FIDO and when news groups were Free and everything was OPEN and we all shared eagerly and willingly,

Wasn't that yesterday? Maybe not as I did not have a hint of colour on the screen and the screen at first was my brothers TV because he had the biggest TV in the family. Then magic happened and "REAL" monitors were developed, they were about the size of today's tablets in screen size 4-8 huge inches if you had a ton of money.

but the monitors weighed in at many pounds. and looked like a TV without the channel changer. They became to be known as CRT.

Retired due to my doctors telling me to and brain dead due to way to many burnouts and half blind from too many years in front of monitors.

So retired for a few years I made video games, ( none you heard of I am sure ) but did win a award for one.

It didn't help. You can't eat awards.

Now developing hopefully a useful thing. I have 2 grandchildren, husband and a surviving daughter and try to make it to church. Time to repent and get ready to meet my maker and I am not looking forward to that day at all.

So hello to all. *God Bless*

Welcome Meows- and hope you meet a lot of friends here on BC!

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:53 AM

G'day and Welcome to BC.

You have already made 2 

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users