Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey All!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gabby335

gabby335

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:48 AM

Just a quick intro ...

Currently computer consultant in Palm Beach County, FL -- aiming our main business at the Senior population, 50+.

I am IN that population, but just by a "hair" and have fun teaching older people how to use their computers! (well, most of the time anyway!)

Been working with computers for, let's see, 32 years and still amazed at where the technology has taken us!

We (my partner and I, also in the same age bracket) have been doing this for about 3 years now and just love the results that we see with people who thought that they would never "get it"! We have the patience and knowledge to allow them to have a basic understanding and can use their machine without getting so frustrated.

I will check in here from time to time, as my work load allows me and will try to answer some of the questions posted here (maybe find an answer or two! ... one thing I've learned over the years, 'You can't know everything, but you should at least know where to go to find the answer!').

Regards,

Gabby335 :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:39 AM

Welcome to BC!
I certainly applaud your effort to help the retired generations learn to use their computers, since it opens up a whole new world of experiences for them.
I am sure our members would appreciate any help you can provide in your spare time.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users