Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange user account status

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fishez

fishez

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

I had a problem today right after having to reinstall Win 10, after reinstalling it just a few days ago. Anyway I kept getting an error message  and the computer would just continue to reboot over and over. I finally just held down select while restarting and was lucky that I had made a restore point right after the install. That is not what I find as being weird. Under computer management I am used to seeing an admin account, my account and a guest account. Today I found all three, but there was this account in there called "DefaultAccount_ploc" it is followed but a description that states, " LeprH [a user account managed but the system". The thing that is weird is not what is says but how it is written. It is written in some weird font. Here is the screen show below. Please let me know if this is normal. Thanks

Attached File  Capture1.PNG   30.95KB   0 downloads

Edited by fishez, 11 February 2015 - 11:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Looks like it's unique to Windows 10, and won't be included in the final release of Windows 10. I found a thread about it from October 2014. It matches your current situation.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_security/defaulaccountploc-user-account/02669aef-98b5-4d03-ab9b-f704aa8af5c6

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users