Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WhatsApp iPone~ voice message

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hello ~ hope this will fit in the General Chat okay!

Do you use WhatsApp?  I do..on my iPhone5s.  This application has really been wonderful to use to chat with a girlfriend in Asia.

I had been using the voice message feature and would send at minimum a 2 minute message.  Then suddently I could not get past a 9 second recording! Not good for a chatty Cathy!

After doing a bit of Google searching, I learned my 9 second limitation was due to the new glass screen protector I had installed (after spending $85.00 to replace the screen due to the phone dropping!!!)

The glass screen was preventing a good finger contact with the microphone.  So..what I learned was: using either the thumb or first finger, once I made contact with the microphone I kept a circular motion on the microphone, with either finger and ta-da..my ability to generate a 2 min.+ voice message was back!

I searched to no avail here in BC to see if there had been anything posted regarding this WhatsApp problem, so here I share what I learned from others for a fix!

Cheers! :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users