Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer sound juddering

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hawkwinddotcom

hawkwinddotcom

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 02:11 PM

When starting up from login the sound judders.

When playing music in Media player the sounds judders whilst you start any other programme for instance IE, FF, NS or PSP, this only occurs the first time you start the relevant programme during that session ie play music, start FF, music judders close FF restart FF music will not judder that time.

XP Home sp2, ati radeon 9200, realtek ac97, 512mb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

Its probably becuase of a lot of hard drive access. I have found on some computers that when you are playing music and load a program that does a lot of hard drive access, the music stutters while its loaded from the hard drive.

You may want to check the properties of your IDE controller in the device manager and make sure its using DMA mode if available. That may help a bit

#3 hawkwinddotcom

hawkwinddotcom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the reply

I just cleaned up with CleanUp!! and the problem has gone,,here's hoping!!

I have always cleared my temp internet files etc but strangely, maybe, clearing the prefetch has done the trick.

It cleared 1.89gb of CRAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users