Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant login on windows8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marcos bonfim

marcos bonfim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

Hi all I'm a new member since yesterday,I was checking the site and come across a download link and I downloaded Simple System Tweaker and glasswire,I run both and today when I tried to log in with the picture login it didn't work so I tried the normal password and didn't work so I went online with my phone and change my Microsoft password and tryed again,then I realized that my network didn't start as usual,so I can't use the new password to login,and I'm not sure of what do do,note that I'm using a full encrypted hard drive,I have the cmd on screen it started as X:\ but not sure how to turn the network adapter on so I can log in,can someone help me plz

Hi all I'm a new member since yesterday,I was checking the site and come across a download link and I downloaded Simple System Tweaker and glasswire,I run both and today when I tried to log in with the picture login it didn't work so I tried the normal password and didn't work so I went online with my phone and change my Microsoft password and tryed again,then I realized that my network didn't start as usual,so I can't use the new password to login,and I'm not sure of what do do,note that I'm using a full encrypted hard drive,I have the cmd on screen it started as X:\ but not sure how to turn the network adapter on so I can log in,I don't have wireless card in this pc only cabled connection,can someone help me plz,if you need any other information plz let me know,what a pain,hope this make sense for you guys,just tried to refresh Windows it says "the drive where Windows is installed is locked.unlock the drive and try again

Edited by marcos bonfim, 11 February 2015 - 01:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hello, and Welcome

What is the make and model of the computer?

If you can get to the command prompt. type the following.

net user administrator /active:yes

This will enable the hidden administrator account. Logging into that hopefully will give you access to your other account. Because you have fully encrypted the hard drive it may not work. Using the Administrator account you should be able to start Safe Mode with Networking.

If the above does not work you can enable the Administrator Account offline as shown here. DO NOT reset  your password on the encrypted account as that would render it and or the drive unusable. You should only enable the hidden Administrator Account. The software mentioned has been updated and you can download it here.

#3 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hi Folks check this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19021466/disabling-ethernet-connection-with-command-line

"

Get NIC list and index number

wmic nic get name, index

Enable NIC with index number (eg: 7)

wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=7 call enable

"

I've run the command in Windows 8.1 with no errors, but I've not really tested it because I didn't plug in the Ethernet cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users