Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having problems while gaming randomly shutting down

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MattMan_Merks

MattMan_Merks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Okay so while I play my my PC started randomly shutting down while in a game some examples are Counter Strike, Battlefield, and Diablo III. At first I thought maybe it was over heating but I have a gadget on my PC that tells the temps it averages while playing 40C to 60C (104-140F) so I installed some new fans there is a total of 5 in there and it's not overheating obviously. So the next thing I thought of was the power so I went out and bought a CyberPower battery backup  it still shutsdown like nothing is helping it. Something interesting is that I took the PC over to buddies and hooked it up it never shutdown like it is the house or something if you can help me please do the parts are all new except the motherboard it is 2012 everything else is 2014.

GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti

CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i5-4590 @ 3.30 GHz

Which is my graphics card I know my motherboard is fine because I just recently ordered it if you can give me anything to help please do because I really wanna get in my games and beable to play with no problem. It randomly restarts which really makes me sad :/

Edited by MattMan_Merks, 11 February 2015 - 11:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheDcoder

TheDcoder

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Shutting down or Restarting?

If shutting down, does you cpu turn off too?

#3 MattMan_Merks

MattMan_Merks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

It shuts down without warning and restarts by itself 

#4 MattMan_Merks

MattMan_Merks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

Anyone know what I can do to stop it?

#5 TheDcoder

TheDcoder

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

It might be a OS problem, try installing every update available :)

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

.. So the next thing I thought of was the power so I went out and bought a CyberPower battery backup  it still shutsdown like nothing is helping it. Something interesting is that I took the PC over to buddies and hooked it up it never shutdown like it is the house or something ...

Perhaps you need more than a battery backup, you may need a constant, conditioned power supply.

If the system works at someone else's place and not at yours, then it sure sounds like something to do with your home mains power.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users