Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Color Swapping

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JEJoll

JEJoll

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

I'm working with a scanned pencil sketch.

I want to make the background transparent, but manually using a magic wand tool or what-have-you is waaay too time consuming.

I've found a method that will do it almost automatically, but in order to do it, I need to be able to swap out one color for another, particularly black to white.

I only want to swap out the EXACT color RGB (0,0,0) for RGB (255,255,255). Does anyone know how this can be done/online tools/software that are capable of this, or another easy method of making a background transparent without manual cropping?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

I would set my magic wand to global.
if the background that you are eliminating is the same it will select all like colors.
saving as a .png will keep the transparent background.

#3 JEJoll

JEJoll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

I would set my magic wand to global.
if the background that you are eliminating is the same it will select all like colors.
saving as a .png will keep the transparent background.

Will this remove any like colors INSIDE of what I want to keep? The color inside my sketch is more or less white, as is the background

#4 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Set the magic wand to a lower setting like 25%. that will control the strength.
holding your control key while selecting will allow for multiple areas to be individually selected. If you ctrl+click and it grabs too much usr ctrl+z to back up
The global setting will also select the inside colors.
save a backup copy before you begin.

#5 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

startbild_engl-small.gifhttp://www.irfanview.com/

#6 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

I only want to swap out the EXACT color RGB (0,0,0) for RGB (255,255,255). Does anyone know how this can be done/online tools/software that are capable of this

#7 JEJoll

JEJoll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

I found a super easy tool to accomplish easy background cutting without destroying any similar colors in the foreground: http://www.vertustech.com/fluidMask/overview.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users