Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow windows 7 pc + no internet connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 agp1988

agp1988

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

We're suspecting a PC to be infected by a virus, trojan or malware since our lenovo idepad S300 is running really slow and does not have an anti-virus weeks ago. We initially asked the owner to install a bitdefender hoping to do the fix but when we checked it now, its still slow and does not have an internet connection(appears as limited but does not ping any site, illustration shows in the network connection that pc is connected via wired to the router but no connection via router to wan). Default gateway under IPv4 was set to 192.168.1.1 and does not give an option to be changed even at automatically obtain IP Address. Having said that, we did the following:

- run safe mode with networking, internet shows fully connected, then run combofix.
- PC still encounters startup slowness and internet connection still disconnects after a minute
- noticed that the default gateway can now be changed to automatic, Internet connection connects for a minute(both wired and wireless) then after which shows an a limited connection
- run safe mode with networking then run rkill, tdsskiller, malwarebytes and combofix
- either rkill or malwarebytes showed it detected an infection and was placed in quarantine
- startup somehow improved but internet still shows not connected after a minute

We're running multiple gadgets and laptops on the internet using the same network as the lenovo S200 but does not encounter any issue.

Hope someone can assist us please! thanks in advance!

PS: I'm so new here that I don't know how to attach a txt file. Sorry for the super long text below of TDSSKiller and Combofix log

PSS: 2nd attempt on posting, tried posting the first time but my pc suddenly encounter error. cant verify if original post was posted

PSS: Sorry i just realized im not supposed to be posting logs here 😞.

Edited by agp1988, 11 February 2015 - 08:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users