We're suspecting a PC to be infected by a virus, trojan or malware since our lenovo idepad S300 is running really slow and does not have an anti-virus weeks ago. We initially asked the owner to install a bitdefender hoping to do the fix but when we checked it now, its still slow and does not have an internet connection(appears as limited but does not ping any site, illustration shows in the network connection that pc is connected via wired to the router but no connection via router to wan). Default gateway under IPv4 was set to 192.168.1.1 and does not give an option to be changed even at automatically obtain IP Address. Having said that, we did the following:
- run safe mode with networking, internet shows fully connected, then run combofix.
- PC still encounters startup slowness and internet connection still disconnects after a minute
- noticed that the default gateway can now be changed to automatic, Internet connection connects for a minute(both wired and wireless) then after which shows an a limited connection
- run safe mode with networking then run rkill, tdsskiller, malwarebytes and combofix
- either rkill or malwarebytes showed it detected an infection and was placed in quarantine
- startup somehow improved but internet still shows not connected after a minute
We're running multiple gadgets and laptops on the internet using the same network as the lenovo S200 but does not encounter any issue.
Hope someone can assist us please! thanks in advance!
PS: I'm so new here that I don't know how to attach a txt file. Sorry for the super long text below of TDSSKiller and Combofix log
PSS: 2nd attempt on posting, tried posting the first time but my pc suddenly encounter error. cant verify if original post was posted
PSS: Sorry i just realized im not supposed to be posting logs here 😞.
Edited by agp1988, 11 February 2015 - 08:18 AM.