Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS Reslover not resloving a site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheDcoder

TheDcoder

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

Hello! I have a problem here with DNS, I created my own website and its not being resolved by my default ISP's DNS server, i changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google Public DNS) and the site works fine...... Is this my ISP's fault?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:40 AM

Probably so. There are a couple of reasons why this can happen. First of all it takes a bit of time for a DNS change to populate through the entire DNS structure - typically ISP's say 48 hours before you can gripe to them with any response. Secondly your site's name or address could have been used previously and gotten blackholed by your ISP or a blackhole list they subscribe to. This can be a bit stickier to unravel. I'd wait the two days, then contact tech support at the ISP with the DNS name and IP address that won't resolve. The bigger the ISP the less chance you will get results without escalating further. Good Luck.

#3 TheDcoder

TheDcoder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

@Orecomm Thanks for the answer, I contacted my ISP after starting the thread and told them to flush their DNS Cache... And then the problem was solved :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users