Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 veiwing video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jrv

jrv

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

I just got a new laptop , it has Windows 8.1 , I am having problems viewing video sometimes. I can see the initial "still" picture , but when I click play, the screen turns green.. I CAN hear the video...

Edited by jrv, 10 February 2015 - 07:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stephenjones

stephenjones

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Check for updates for your graphics card. intel, amd and nvidia all have auto tools to check on their websites. You can also check the manufacturer's website for graphics updates. If you are using Internet explorer, try using chrome. Flash is built into chrome. Flash is built into IE on 8.1. There are updates for flash for windows8.1 on the adobe site which should address the issue if using internet explorer.If issues persist, we need to fix flash in IE. Let us know if you need directions on any of the above. Im half asleep as of now so this may no be the most descriptive post.

#3 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

It's  saying I have the latest updates for flash . Some days it works fine, next day the screen is green again.

Thank you.

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Right-click inside a running video and select Settings...

Once in there, select the Display tab and uncheck the "Enable hardware acceleration" box:

xeWFVvm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users