Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very slow dont know why

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

my windows 8 suddently went really slow the disk is 100% in taskmanager it wont tell me anything thats using it and when i can open it programs open really slow but my other oses like windows server run fine?

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Welcome,

Please tell us a bit more about your system. Are your programs and drivers current? the OS up to date? What is your security program and is it current? Have you run any scans?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

Welcome,

Please tell us a bit more about your system. Are your programs and drivers current? the OS up to date? What is your security program and is it current? Have you run any scans?

Dick

the os windows 8.1 update 1 and i use norton and the drivers wernt even installed that long ago

#4 fredmerv12

fredmerv12

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

if you have installed the windows 8.1 update recently then its probably trying to install or download other updates which can spike up the disk usage. If it not the case, 

Then try disabling superfetch and windows search services from services.msc and restart your system. 

Let me know how it goes for you

#5 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

if you have installed the windows 8.1 update recently then its probably trying to install or download other updates which can spike up the disk usage. If it not the case, 

Then try disabling superfetch and windows search services from services.msc and restart your system. 

Let me know how it goes for you

i did that and i didnt restart it and it went so bad it crashed (does it quite often on windows 8)

#6 fredmerv12

fredmerv12

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

Im sorry I did not get you. What did you do and not restart.

Did it crash after disabling the superfetch and windows search services ?

#7 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

Im sorry I did not get you. What did you do and not restart.

Did it crash after disabling the superfetch and windows search services ?

i disabled them and it worked after a short while then i clicked the start button and it stoped respoonding and the whole screen turned white and just crashed

#8 fredmerv12

fredmerv12

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Sorry to hear that.

So is the system booting up, if no what is the error that you are getting. Try doing a start up repair if its not starting up.

Follow the below link to perform a startup repair.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/http-wwwbleepingcomputercom-tutorials-automatically-repair-windows-8-with-automatic-repair-/

#9 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

Actually there are many reasons of slow but it seems that according to your problem, there might be some junk files in registry or more number of start up items are there. So, first use computer cleaning software to get rid of the crap files and defrag your drive as well. And then reduce the number of start up items. Keep only those which are necessary. At last, boot your computer in safe mode. See if it helps.

#10 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Sorry to hear that.

So is the system booting up, if no what is the error that you are getting. Try doing a start up repair if its not starting up.

Follow the below link to perform a startup repair.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/http-wwwbleepingcomputercom-tutorials-automatically-repair-windows-8-with-automatic-repair-/

it will boot up but it takes AGES it black screens for ages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users