Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell computer not getting power

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sirbananalot

Sirbananalot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

Hello there people that are more knologable with computers,

Ive got a dell computer and its basicly a desktop consisting of laptop parts, its not getting power and my usual computers PSU just got fried and i need to get a school project done, i think i just need a quik fix for the power cord on the computer because the plug that goes into the computer itself usually has a blue light that tells if its plugged in, an easy fix would really be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Topic moved from Windows Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

Time to borrow a friends' laptop?  Go to the school library ( or any library and borrow a computer ) ?  When you say its a dell consisting of laptop parts..... what laptop parts ?  I am afraid we just don't have enough information to go on here to help you put your frankenstien pc together.  My frist guess though would be that the power supply is not working if you do not get a ' light ' on your motherboard that your expecting.  Possible that the switch is bad on the computer.  Possible that the mainboard is dead?  First thing to do is to know that your power supply is good.  Can you test it on another computer or with a multimeter?  I suspect that by the time you figure out what is wrong it would have been faster to go to the library and finish your project.

#3 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

Check the power rating (65w 90w or 120w) on the adapter and get one with the same connector from your local Walmart Target Radioshack etc.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users