Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Debugger Users Group

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pimpo

pimpo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hello,

Reviewing PCs in my work I found the following situation in some Pcs:

1. The local administrator belonging to group of user debuggers.

2. The Domain Administrator belonging to group of user debuggers

3. Sometimes the domain user using the PC belonging to user debuggers.

I researched the services of machines and all of them have a service called Machine Debug Manager located in C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ VS7Debug \ mdm.exe. Machines do not have visual studio, but Office. The questions I have:

a) When you install Office XP, is this service automatically installed?

B) Is the user who installs the service, added to user debuggers or someone have to add it manually or automatically using scripts?

c) What sense does this group and what is the purpose that of the user? Can it be used for bad ways?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 10 February 2015 - 07:47 PM.
Moved from XP to Bus Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

Visual Studio has nothing to do with MS Office.  The data you supplied reflects the Visual Studio debug function.

Microsoft installs the debug function in some of its applications, including VS and Office.  Personally, I have never found this function to be worthy of running and have always disabled when an Office install popped up error messages about it. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sc65sadd.aspx

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users