Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2010 Outlook Exchange Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Smorton1951

Smorton1951

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Greetings,

I am getting the following message when I start outlook:

Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange server.  A temporary mailbox exists, but might not have
     all of your previous date.  

You can connect to the temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data.  If you choose to work with your
     old date, you cannot send or received email messages.

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook Window.  Before you can use this Outlook data tile .ost you
   must connect to Microsoft Exchange with your current profile and synchronize your folders at least once.

Outlook is running very slow.  If anyone knows what I can do to remedy this situation I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Smorton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rlesech

rlesech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hello Smorton,

Sorry but this may take a lot of questions back and forth. Is this a company machine? If so do you know what MS Exchange Server version you are on?  

Thanks,

Ron

#3 Smorton1951

Smorton1951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

This is not a company machine. I switched to GoDaddy some time ago and that caused a few problems but I don't think the current issues involve that but they might. I was having many problems with things that several weeks ago I went back to a clone I made of my operating system about a year ago. I then got Outlook working again after talking to GoDaddy. I think Outlook may be confused by my data files but I have all of my contacts, etc

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Thank you.

SM

#4 rlesech

rlesech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

Hi SM,

Is all your email on the GoDaddy website? If so you may need to delete the .ost and download your mail again. Before deleting you can try converting the ost to a pst here is a good link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/03ad06e9-162b-4bf2-bf57-9d7fc3744520/how-to-convert-old-ost-to-pst-file-2010.

Thanks,

Ron  

#5 Smorton1951

Smorton1951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

I am uncertain whether my email is on the GoDaddy website. I wonder how I can tell.

I will look at the tutorial you sent.

Thank you

SM

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

Or you can just rename the old .ost file, something as simple as adding .old to the end of the file name. The next time you open Outlook, it will begin creating a new .ost file.

As for where your mailbox currently resides, click on the File tab in the upper left corner, then click Account Settings and select Account Settings in the dropdown box. Find your email account in the Account Settings window and double-click it. The mail server your Outlook is connected to will be in the Server field. If the mail server is contains secureserver.net, then GoDaddy is hosting your email.

#7 Smorton1951

Smorton1951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

Problems resolved.

Thanks

Smorton

0 user(s) are reading this topic