Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello to all!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ggiff

ggiff

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

Driven here by a lovely email virus. Looking for advice! Thanks, guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

:welcome: 

There are tons of them going around, some contain executable type attachments, others links to downloads that contain the executable file. Some are tied to the ransom ware viruses going around so definitely stay on top of these.

Even after blocking all executable file types from attachments, a few users here have been infected by viruses and ransom ware. The virus writers are clever, often they use bank names, credit card brand names, adp (accounting type company names), travel company names, etc, to get people to click on links and install things.

It seems there is no perfect prevention so the key here is backup policies. I found out the hard way about 2 weeks ago that some users are not following procedures, now they will be by force.

Edited by zingo156, 10 February 2015 - 01:26 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users