Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 in Windows 7 stops working when closing New Google Maps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 spetho2001

spetho2001

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

Can anyone tell me why I get a pop up saying that IE 11 with Windows 7 has had a problem with this page and will close the program? This happens when I close the new Google Maps. The page is already closed. There is no problem as I close the pop up and everything is fine.

If I open IE with no Add-ons it does not solve the problem.

If I check the box for "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" it solves the problem.
or If I use compatibility view setting for the Google site, that solves the problem.

I Goggled this question and I saw a lot about the new Google maps and IE 11 not working properly. Does anyone else have knowledge of this?

Thank you,
TomS

Edited by hamluis, 11 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

May help, https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3118069?hl=en .

Louis

#3 spetho2001

spetho2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Thank you Louis. I checked that out but it seems for me it is backwards. The Google New Maps works fine if Google.com is on the list of website I have on compatibility view. Not off of the list. That is the problem I GUESS as the New Maps does not work right in the IE 11 and has to revert back to an older version of IE. I think that is the way it works.

Actually the maps work fine. It is when I close the Google maps pages that I get the pop up saying that IE is not working, and actually it is working and if I have another web page open and I close out the pop up that says that IE is not working every thing is fine.

TomS

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

What's your memory?

#5 spetho2001

spetho2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

rhino 1366,
Installed memory (RAM) 2.00GB
used
process 72
CPU usage 1 - 19%
Phsical memory 66 - 95 %

I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN SEND YOU A PRINT SCREEN OF THE TASK MANAGER MEMORY USAGE PAGE. 

#6 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

This may not be exactly what you need, but Google Maps Classic is a lot more stable and user-friendly, IMO anyway. Is IE 11 working OK with Classic?

When Yahoo killed Yahoo! Mail Classic, they took away a very stable and easy to use Yahoo! Mail. Now, well, it feels like the new Google Maps. I hate both. At least, with Google, you still can revert to Classic, but not with Yahoo...

Edited by Phantom010, 11 February 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#7 spetho2001

spetho2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

You are right the classic version is more stable.It works fine with Maps Classic but they really are trying to get you to use the new Google Maps. You know what will happen! The Classic version will disappear. So I figured I best get used to using the new version. Now I actually like it but it took some getting used to.

MSN did the same with MY MSN. They got rid of it and now the site that you have to use is so bad that I don't think anyone uses it. I switched to MY YAHOO. It was the closest to what I wanted in the modules that you can put on it (MY NEWS, MY FINANCES) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users