Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oregon Trail

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 splackavellie

splackavellie

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

is there anywhere i can get a free legal copy of oregon trail? i know this game is really really old and thats why im hoping its out there somewhere for free. it isnt one of the games on that free full games thread.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

wow, that game.

Man, I haven't played that game in over seven years.

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:13 AM

Have you tried to google it?

There are a LOT of freeware sites out there. Freeware is software that has been either abandoned by the creators for no longer making a profit (technically called "abandonware"), or programs people have created solely for free. I'm sure someone has modified the old, huge black diskette game to work with more recent hardware.

I used to play that back in elementary school. It came on that huge floppy disk, and was displayed in black and green :thumbsup:. I used to love trying to ford a river and having my oxen die, or being destroyed by dysentery, :flowers:

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 26 June 2006 - 11:14 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

www.classicgaming.com/rotw/otrail.shtml

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 splackavellie

splackavellie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:26 AM

www.classicgaming.com/rotw/otrail.shtml

it says "Emulator used: AppleWin" i dont know anything about emulators and such. is there one where i can just DL it and then install it?

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:30 PM

Most of the older games will have probs running on newer hardware, therefore an emulator is often required. I remember playing that game in elementary school 14 years ago. I liked it then, maybe I should play it again.

3939.png

#7 splackavellie

splackavellie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

haha sweet. i got it to work and have been playing it. this emulator thing wasnt as complicated as i thought it would be...except the link they had to get the emulator doesnt work...had to search for it.

this game is still as fun as when i used to play in back in grade school. now to see if i can find oregon trail 2 somewhere.

#8 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

Oregon Trail...I haven't heard that name in years...I remember playing it in elementary school as well. I also remember the joy it felt put my friend's names in, then watch them die. :thumbsup: We were a sadistic bunch of kids, let me tell you!

Maybe I should get it and play it again...sometimes I love nostalgia! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users