Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's Wrong With This Rig?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sc0tch

Sc0tch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and have been trying to deal with a problem I've been having and I am at my wit's end.

So I've been having stuttering issues when playing pretty much any game with 3d rendering, ie. league of legends, rust, 7 days to die, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquistion, ect... The fps just drops to around 5-10 two or three times every minute. This issues is driving me nuts because as far as I can tell my rig should be able to handle anything I can throw at it but I'm not even getting good performance out of older games. I thought it might be malware or a virus so I recently took this opportunity to get a new ssd hd and intall windows 7 on that. I had hoped that would resolved the issue but it still persists.

My_Rig.png

This is my rig. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it and the only thing I can think of left is that there's some sort of dirver conflict due to the semi-frankenstien mixing of nvidia and amd parts. Can anyone here give me some advice on what might be wrong?

James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sc0tch

Sc0tch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:49 AM

Well I'm going to head off to bed now but boy is this problem crushing my spirit. Just a few things I've checked that I'm pretty sure aren't causeing the problem. It's not the anti-virus software as the problem persist whether it is installed or not. It's not a driver conflict between the nvidia hd audio drivers and teh realtek audio drivers though I still think there might be a driver conflict here somewhere. I'm getting so frustrated with this problem. I feel like I should just throw the whole rig in the trash and start from scratch and just copy someone elses proven build.

#3 jman242

jman242

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

Stab in the dark here, but do you have an anti-virus or some other application running in the background? If so it could be actively scanning files that are being pulled by the game.

#4 Sc0tch

Sc0tch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

It's not the anti-virus software but I think I figured out what it is. My Mobo lists support for an am3 socket cpu up to 90watts. The fx 8370 is rated for 125 watt. The cpu is just getting starved under load.

#5 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Try swapping a core

Robert James Crawley Klopp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users