Every time I try to boot up my computer, it shows the Lenovo logo, then the Win8 logo, and then it fades to a black screen that doesn't show anything. After a long time it finally boots to desktop, but is extremely slow.
My laptop was working fine earlier today. Everything was working very smoothly. This is the breakdown of events since.
1) Downloaded and installed third party Win8 theme software UxTheme Patcher.
2) Downloaded and installed a theme from here : http://ezio.deviantart.com/art/Abisso-2014-dark-theme-Windows-8-1-Update1-Upd11-418540806
3) I rebooted my laptop after installation
4) Bootup was very slow, took around 5 minutes to get to desktop. At that point my computer could not load anything without freezing. I had to leave and so I shut the lid on my laptop and went home.
5) Tried to boot laptop, and went to black screen after Win8 logo for a REALLY long time. It boots to desktop after, but extremely slow.
6) Trying to start applications or even opening explorer causes it to freeze.
Upon closer inspection of the file I downloaded, I did NOT follow the instructions correctly (screw me right?), and I'm 99% sure it is the reason why my laptop is being like this.
The biggest problem I'm having is trying to remove this application from my laptop. I DO have a recovery USB and Disk, but both are unable to boot to safe mode. I have also tried refreshing my system, but apparently my drive is locked, and it also won't allow me to reset my system as it says that I have a partition missing.
I do not have access to another machine, so I cannot pop my drive into something else and manually remove it either. Is there anything I can do to fix my laptop?