Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svchost.exe Gumming Up My Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arbriel

Arbriel

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

Hi,

My computer is running slow. When I go to taskmanager, there are multiples of svchost.exe with bits of over 10,000 in my system log. When I delete all but one, my computer runs better & so does my internet which is a lousy connection thru msn which I am in the process of changing. I run spyware blaster. Spybot, Ad- aware, The Shield Virus Protection, & Zone Alarm. I have recently gone thru a series of helps from bleeping computer.com for malware that was concluded to my complete satisfaction. This is an independent question.
I thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Arbriel

Edited by Arbriel, 25 June 2006 - 08:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VB4

VB4

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:58 PM

Svchost.exe is responsible for running the registered DLLs, which are just files that are needed for the applications to communicate with Windows. There are also times that the svchost.exe could be infected with a trojan or viruses, so just do a spyware sweep and virus scan. I highly recommend using SpySweeper, just keep it updated and do a sweep every now and then, but I am not sure what the level of memory commitence the svchost should have, mine is currently: 2900kbs.

For fast computer answers, visit SparkCore. A brand new computer forum with dedicated members, who will get you the answers you need to solve all your computer problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users