Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to perminantly clear my PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kronen

kronen

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

Last week, after a few beers, I stupidly downloaded some freeware to try and turn some FLAC files into MP3. I realised instantly how much of a bad idea this was and uninstalled the software but the damage was done. My browser search had been changed to Vosteran and I was getting pop ups (There is one on the screen as I type this displaying 'important message: Congratulations you have won' - I'm assuming this page is designed so this happens).

At frist I thought I had cleared up the problem when I ran a full Kaspersky scan and deleted all the malware along with removing any unknown programs form the uninstall a program application in control panel (including Vosteran). My computer worked fine and the Kaspersky scan was not picking up anything. But every three days or so new malware is downloaded and I have to go through the same process. Kapersky does usually pick this up and warn me, but it is clearly failing to find whatever it is that is actually downloading these viruses.

I can't see any unknown files in the uninstall a program application and the Kaspersky scan doesn't pick up anything so I don't know where to look to remove whatever has embedded itself in my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using window 8.1. All the malware that I can find in control pannel displays a single speech mark as the publisher (").

Edited by kronen, 09 February 2015 - 03:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kronen

kronen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

It's really bugging me that I spelt permanently wrong in my topic title and I can't change it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users