Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All browsers showing unwanted popups ( adultcamerainfo etc) on all devices

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deedee_g

Deedee_g

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hi Team,

Need some urgent help.

I have one Windows 7 64 bit laptop, one android 4.4.2 tablet and 2 windows 8.1 phones.

On all devices , my browsers are now corrupt with diff popups and redirect links .

Browsers - IE, Chrome ( on all phone, laptop and tablet )

Laptop - popups and new link opening for adultcamera.info and other unwanted websites. Both IE and Chrome

Android tablet -  same unwanted website and sometime play store redirection too. Browser is Chrome.

Windows phone - other than adultcamera.info, some diff links also coming up. Browser is IE.

I have a WIFI home network and all devices connect through it. Which I think can be cause, not sure. But now on phones on mobile data also, pop ups are there.

I dont link my chrome with my gmail account. so no two browsers are linked.

Please help... I am not able to browse anything at all on any device.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

hi,

My name is shelf life. You can do this if you still need help. The only common thing to your devices is your router. Read the routers documentation or visit the router vendors website and do a hard reset of the router. This will change it back to its factory defaults and it will grab your ISP's DNS.

Beaware any changes you made will have to be made again. Like changing the default login passwords to the routers  interface, which you want to change anyway.

In short the routers DNS IP lookup has been changed by the malware redirecting all your devices browsing.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users