Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have to Copy text on a PDF file but unavailable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

Hi. I have a question I think the answer is a lost cause, but I really need help. I  didn't know which forum to post this in, but I'm asking that it be moved by administrators wherever needed, but I need assistance. I use a screen reader. It is something that reads to me because of my low vision. OK? Well, I need to copy text on a PDF file  but when I select text and then right click I don't have the option to copy, Pressing Ctrl/C isn't going to do a bleep thing. So, I need to do this. Not for stupid copyright violation, but because otherwise, this file is useless, and I'm requred to read this. Is it even possible to take care of this? ITS VERY IMPORTANt. Here's this link I'm tring to copy the text off of.

https://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/1002159_Titration%20Protocol_RefGuide.pdf

Thank you, and GOD BLESS!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hi

If you use Adobe Reader 11...

On the toolbar, Click View, Click Read Out Loud,

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

Edited by old rocker, 09 February 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Good day.  I tried to copy text as well without success.  I think that the ".pdf" in question is not a "standard" text .pdf file.  It appears to be an image file that was scanned to .pdf format so as to be viewable with Adobe or other .pdf viewers.  Such files lack true .pdf editing capabilities, such as copy and paste.

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,904 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

The document is copy protected. I opened it in a PDF editor and it still could not copy any text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users