Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SpeedTest won't work anymore

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bellzemos

Bellzemos

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hi,

it could be the latest Flash updates, I'm not sure, but SpeedTest won't load anymore in my Firefox (latest version), no matter if I enable or disable the Adblock Plus.

It comes to this and stops:

speedtest.png

Any ideas, anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

Have you tried to load it in a different web browser? Try using google chrome. 

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Are you getting the following screen with the BEGIN TEST button? Is your screenshot after clicking on BEGIN TEST?

vCIaqtd.png

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#4 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

Have you tried to load it in a different web browser? Try using google chrome. 

I've tried it in the Internet Explorere and it comes to the exact same part (as on my FF screenshot) and stops. I am able to start their Their Ping though.

Are you getting the following screen with the BEGIN TEST button? Is your screenshot after clicking on BEGIN TEST?

vCIaqtd.png

No, my screenshot is before the Begin Test. Begin Test doesn't appear, that's the problem.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

I can report that using Windows 7, Adblock Plus blocking all ads, NoScript allowing only Speed Test and using the latest Adobe Flash that

Speed Test works for me. That's after updating NoScript, Adblock Plus and Adobe Flash.

EDIT: Using Firefox

Edited by buddy215, 09 February 2015 - 12:07 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 kometata

kometata

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I confirm that the Speed test dose NOT work both on chrome and firefox on 3 different PC's!! Why?

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

If this is on the same router....reset it.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Possible blocking the url ? Try using the ip-number of the address. Have you made any restrictions in the settings of flash player?

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Bellzemos,

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Copy/paste: cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns

Press Enter.

If no luck,

Try either OpenDNS or Google Public DNS.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#10 kometata

kometata

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your help! I often use speed test and never had such problem. I tried all above suggestions but nothing help. I am not located in USA.

#11 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

I'm not located in the USA either, I'm in Europe. I have flushed the DNS, I have rebooted the router, I have changed the DNS servers to Goolge's DNS servers, I tried it on multiple PCs and browsers - SPEEDTEST WON'T LOAD. :(

@ kometata - do you have the latest Flash version (16.0.0.305)? I do and I somehow suspect Flash...

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

Try this speed test...Internet speed test - www.netmeter.eu

#13 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

What are your antivirus and firewall? Have you tried disabling them temporarily before running the speed test?

#14 kometata

kometata

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

>@ kometata - do you have the latest Flash version (16.0.0.305)? I do and I somehow suspect Flash...

I tried with 16.0.0.305 and 15.xxx under Win7 and 11.xx under Linux. The problem was not solved, strange..

>Have you tried disabling them temporarily before running the speed test?

I use Kaspersky and suspected that this is the problem because these days I had to manage the new licenses. I tried with KIS disabled and the problem is not KIS too ..

Something happens with the speedtest.net. 

However, the android application works without problems.

#15 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

This one works (even though it didn't measure the DL speed too accurately).

What are your antivirus and firewall? Have you tried disabling them temporarily before running the speed test?

Avast AV and Windows 7 built-in FW.

>@ kometata - do you have the latest Flash version (16.0.0.305)? I do and I somehow suspect Flash...

I tried with 16.0.0.305 and 15.xxx under Win7 and 11.xx under Linux. The problem was not solved, strange..

>Have you tried disabling them temporarily before running the speed test?

I use Kaspersky and suspected that this is the problem because these days I had to manage the new licenses. I tried with KIS disabled and the problem is not KIS too ..

Something happens with the speedtest.net. 

However, the android application works without problems.

You tried older Flash version and it didn't help? Well then I don't know what else to try. Do you run any special/specific software or configuration?

Dose the SpeedTest site stop on the exact same point as on my computers (picture in my first post)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users