Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vistax.dll

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 refused6009

refused6009

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

Cant get rid of "vistax.dll" I have AVG right now and it will show up as a trojan hores but will not take care of it. Im in the process of Building my new comp and dont want to spend any $ on this one. Just need to know if there is a removal tool that i could use.
Thanks in advance !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hello,

This is a symptom of the Troj/Haxdoor-CA Trojan. Here is a link to some information about it:

BC Database - Troj/Haxdoor-CA

Here is also a detailed description from Sophos:
Sophos Description

This could have compromised your system and led to more infections so I suggest posting a HijackThis log in the HJT Logs and Analysis Forum. Here is a link to that Forum:

HJT Forum

Please follow the preparation directions and try not to alter your system until you receive help from one of our HJT Team Members. The preparation directions are found at the following link:

Prep Guide for Posting HJT Logs

Please note: Do not try to fix any problems with HJT yourself. This is an advanced tool and requires expert analysis.

Please be patient until somone assists you, it may take a couple of days. But, it's FREE :thumbsup:
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

#3 refused6009

refused6009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

thanks for the help so far. I just reformated my comp.. It would not turn on.. just make it to the welcome page and then restart.... couldnt even use safe mode start up. after that just problem after problem.. and now had 3 tojan's, 2 of them i removed with no problem but this one i cant get rid of.

#4 refused6009

refused6009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image
Also this small tab thats in the middle of the screen was stuck in the top left and i cant get rid of it.. Is this another symptom?

#5 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:08 PM

Make sure you follow the directions I provided above. By posting a log, we can provide expert assistance and ensure you are properly protected and have a clean machine.

From the problems you are describing, I don't think we'd be successful in removing any infections without doing an analysis of your HJT log. Please follow the prep guide, as it will alleviate many of the problems you are experiencing. Please be patient until one of the team members can assist you.
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

#6 refused6009

refused6009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:10 PM

Well I reformated again and now useing a used 120 gig hard drive that i had around. As of right now i have had no problems. Thanks for the help so far... I'm just going to pitch the old hard drive out, not worth fixing. I think that last reformat would have been the 6th time, and its only a 40 gig.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

Good luck with your 120 gig hard drive.

To protect yourself against malware, be sure to read "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe" and "How to Prevent Spyware".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users