Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have you ever hit "no" on UAC because you changed your mind?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

I occasionally will hit "no" on a program that requires elevation or installation because I simply just changed my mind and decided to to run or install the program or I thought that a different program will do it better.

has anybody else done this? hare your stories

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

Yes often, usually when i keep an exe file on my harddrive which i downloaded long ago, run-on-demand type programs, things which you click to run there-and-then which don't install themselves but just sit around for the next time one wants them. So i have something like that which i first downloaded and ran months ago, and now i feel i need to run it again. I click straight on the exe file, UAC comes up, i often clcik "NO" so i can go back to the folder and just double check the file is correct, it's signature is valid and it's date of creation is one i expected, just to make sure that it hasn't been somehow tampered with in the weeks since i lat ran it. After checking these detaild i then run again and click "YES".

Clicking "NO" on a uac prompt is a pretty common thing, especially those that appear for no clear reason, you should always click "NO" to them until you have worked out the caue and what is trying to run so you can rationaly decide whether you should let it.

Edited by rp88, 09 February 2015 - 03:50 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users