Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - Windows Server 2012 R2 - tcpip.sys+3a8e3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 luihime

luihime

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hello all! Thank you for accepting me in the forum, rather new around here, but I've been looking at your entries and pages for many solutions that have applied to me in the past. But right now, I'm rather... stuck with an issue with our brand new server running Windows Server 2012 R2. Blue Screen of DEATH! almost every hour or almost every 24, with the tcpip.sys driver and address 3a8e3. My server is a DELL PowerEdge T320.

I'm attaching the last 4 crash dump files plus system information, in hopes I can be helped by you. Thank you SO much!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Try updating your network driver. Post back and let us know how it goes.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 luihime

luihime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yea, I updated the driver for both the network cards the first time the issue showed up, updated them from the Broadcom website itself, but the issue kept popping up.

#4 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

svchost and fwpkclnt.sys appear to be indicated as the cause of the crash. This seems to be a problem caused by a firewall product or some other service (vpn?).

If you have an antivirus or firewall product installed, try removing it for troubleshooting.

#5 luihime

luihime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Well, as of now, we haven't installed any antivirus nor firewall products. We tried the company's McAfee license but it displayed it couldn't be installed because of version compatibility. The only service we have enabled that does some sort of VPN is NeoRouter, but it hasn't caused any issues with our client computers, and they run Windows 7 Professional.

#6 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Any idea where nrtap.sys came from? I see it in the list of loaded modules but I can't find any information about it.

Edit: It's part of NeoRouter and hasn't been updated since 2009: nrtap.sys 9 9/1/2009 1:10:01 PM

Try temporarily removing NeoRouter (if possible) and see if that resolves your problem.

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 09 February 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#7 luihime

luihime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

nrtap.sys seems to belong to NeoRouter, I'll uninstall it (the server runs the server end of the app) and I'll let you know how it goes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users