Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Donating A Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CommMajor101

CommMajor101

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:51 PM

Hi everyone,
I can't seem to find any charities that will accept laptop donations. Do you know of any? Any helpful info. is truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CommMajor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

Hi CommMajor101,

Check with you local schools and any local volunteer fire departments / rescue squads. Depending on age, many schools would love a laptop. VFDs and Rescue also use laptops to load various resources.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 CommMajor101

CommMajor101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

The computer doesn't work, but it is repairable for anyone who'd want to mess with it. Would the fire depts. take the computer that way? I never thought of the fire dept, that was a great suggestion!

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:25 PM

Check out goodwill. Our local goodwill just got this new computer area just for computers. If its old like runs on 3.11 most likely they cant sell it anyways and it would not be worth fixing but I could be wrong. Donate it it could help someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users