Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan misbehaves in my laptop on boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manmeetvirdi

manmeetvirdi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hi 

I have laptop G6-2005AX of HP make running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. The processor of this machine is AMD A8-4500M.

When I boot machine fan is running in full speed (I can hear it). Now if I activate sleep mode and restart it from sleep mode, fan runs in normal speed and now I cant even hear it. So fan misbehaves only on fresh restart, and after sleep mode it runs in normal speed. It has become kind of standard practice for me to activate the sleep mode after every booting.

Please advice why this may be happening.

Regards

Manmeet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

The processor does not need to work so hard when waking the Computer from sleep.

When the Computer boots from cold the processor works hard, hence the fan is running fast. There is a period during boot when it seems like it is fully booted but in reality the processor is working hard to load programs. It depends greatly on how many Start-up programs are being loaded.

Eventually the programs should be loaded and the processor doesn't need to work so hard. The fan should slow down.

When you boot from cold and the fan is still spinning fast try checking Task Manager to see which process might be using the processor (CPU) (right click task bar > task manager)

Click on CPU to bring the process using the most CPU to the top of the column.

Edited by HairCut, 09 February 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#3 manmeetvirdi

manmeetvirdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

Found Windows Module Installer at top of the list !!

Googling about it I found that many have same problem. Going through the post. 

Meanwhile If you are aware of the things to do for this then please let me know.

Regards

Manmeet

#4 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

Maybe Windows Update needs to complete its task. (Windows Update > Check for updates)

Edited by HairCut, 14 February 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#5 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

If there is a problem with Windows update use the Microsoft Fixit for Windows updates:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Then run Windows Update again.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

A lot of fan controls don't take effect until after the BIOS starts.  In Sleep Mode the BIOS has not been shut down.  

My Windows 7 computer's CPU fan would run flat out when the computer was initially started, but once the BIOS started it would slow to a normal speed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users