Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with <-Loopback> / Microsoft mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kirsty_booth

kirsty_booth

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

I'm posting in this forum, because I'm not sure if this a virius/ malware problem or not

got my computer 9 months ago, and have had a problem that keeps going and coming back. IE I look up different solutions to the problem, try to fix it, it seems to work, and then a month or two later it stops working again.

Everything works fine, apart from in the windows mail app it won't let me receive any hotmail, again gmail is fine. And internet explorer and everything else works fine

The problem seems to be in the proxy exception line which has a loopback, that I can not delete. There was a proxy server because of an internet tracker app that I had put on there (you get rewarded for using that). I hoped getting rid of the proxy server would get rid of my problem but it hasn't.

I'd like to fix it so that I can use the mail app again, as I prefer it to the alternative I'm now using and because I'm worried that it is some sort of virus or hacking thing that I need to remove anyway. I've got McAfee anti-virus and also downloaded Ccleaner and Malwarebytes but they're not coming up with anything.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kirsty_booth

kirsty_booth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

sorry to be a pain, but any advice at all.

#3 kirsty_booth

kirsty_booth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

me again, but van anyone help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users