Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with windows 10 technical preview

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 techow

techow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

I find some problems with windows 10...........

like sound

or start menu

and about contana also..........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

For sound, if you are using a sound card, go to the manufacturers website and try to find supported drivers.

You will need to elaborate on your start menu and cortana problem.

But personally, I am not liking the native start menu on b9926. I replaced it with Classic Shell.
As for Cortana, I have it fully disabled including the Cortana/Bing search bar on the taskbar.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

i had to manually install my sound driver as well- but other than that- no problems so far!

#4 NunoLava1998

NunoLava1998

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

The Sound not working fix is easy, 9926 has a bug which sets the sound to headphones, change headphones back to speakers (of computer) and you get the sound back.

Edited by NunoLava1998, 01 March 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#5 jelogz30

jelogz30

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

Hi. So far MS was able to fix the sound issues, Cortana and some compatibility issues by just installing windows updates

#6 Velkro

Velkro

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:33 AM

Cortana in build 9926 seems very basic, so I wouldn't expect too much at this point. I can only get her to tell me a joke, check the weather, and perform a search.

#7 eckieB

eckieB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

I have discovered a disturbing procedure in Windows 10. (I'll just use '10' as a shortcut from now on.)

I created a new partition and designated it as my W drive for my 10 installation. After installing 10 I rebooted and was presented with the options to select 8.1 (My current OS) or 10. I was delighted. I could now select whichever OS was most suitable for the task in hand.

Unfortunately, this euphoria did not last long. When I next booted up the system, there was no choice of OS and the system accessed 10. 

To cut a long story short: 10 had changed drive W: to drive C: and had changed my previous drive C: to drive G:

All I require now is how to 'reset' my drives to their original designation.

By the way, I am finding that 10 is definitely better than 8.1but there's a long way to go in testing all the new (and 'improved' features.)

Thank you for any assistance offered. I am very impressed with this site and I hope I can contribute to proceedings as well as just asking questions.

Many thanks.

#8 Th3_Gr1nch

Th3_Gr1nch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

I don't have a problem with Cortana in build 10041 yet. I have found if you need to go to control panel or user account control settings and things like that, Cortana knows what you mean and will open it up for you. Could have been worse, she could have sent me to a webpage that showed me how to open control panel LOL. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users