Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to insall os from the image file already created in a usb stick?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evergreen1

evergreen1

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

I have created an image of the operating system by making an image of my c drive where i have installed the os windows 7... it is kept in a usb pen drive. now if i want to install the os from the image from the usb drive how can i accomplish that? suppose that the windows is damaged in the laptop  and i want to get it back witht the image file.??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jman242

jman242

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Typically one would boot from the flash drive. Generally, one will have to boot their computer (turn on computer and hit the correct key Ex: F10)and enter BIOS and change the boot order so the the system boots from a USB before the hard drive.  Remember to change the boot order when you are finished.

1. Turn off computer (or restart)

2. Power on computer

3. Hit required button (in most cases F10)

4. Search around for something like "Boot order" or "Boot device"

5. Modify the list or order by so that the USB device is first

6. Plug in USB drive

6. Save and exit

8. Watch the screen, on some computers user input is required for booting from USB devices

9. Install windows

N. Windows finishes installing

N+1. Remove USB device

N+2. Re-enter BIOS and change boot order as you see fit (Hard drive, CD, USB) similarly as you did in steps 1 through 4

Hope this helps.

Edited by jman242, 09 February 2015 - 09:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users