You can read this
This is why I preach so much for people to back up there important docs and pics, it always seems to fall on deaf ears until there a victim
We can run Malwarebytes to remove it but i am afraid the files are gone unless she has backed them up to a thumb drive or external hard drive
- Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
- On the Dashboard click on Update Now
- Under Setting go to Detection and Protection
- Under PUP and PUM make sure both are set to show Threat Detections as Malware
- Go to Advanced setting and make sure Automatically Quarantine Detected Items is checked<----------
- Then on the Dashboard click on Scan
- Make sure to select THREAT SCAN
- When the scan is finished click on VIEW DETAILED LOG
- When it opens click on COPY TO CLIPBOARD
- Then paste the log back into this thread for review
Please download aswMBR
to your desktop.
- Right click the aswMBR icon and select Run as Administrator
- XP users just Double Click it to run
- If it says that this computer supports VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY do you want to use it say Yes
- Click the Scan button to start scan.
- Select Quickscan on the dropdown list
- If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
- The scan could take 20 minutes or more , please be patient and let it finish
- It will say Scan Finished when its done.
- When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
I just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Please make sure All Users is checked
- Just keep the defaults as in the picture checkmarked
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.