Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find my Motherboard temp?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sogin

Sogin

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Having a bit of a problem here with my Dell XPS 8700. Was recently overheating so I installed a stronger PSU and now although the heats are not going too overboard when I game. (68C GPU 60'sC CPU) but when gaming the computer sounds funny and at times I kinda smell something, could just be the new PSU but I wanted to check my motherboard temps and they are no where to be found. I've used HWMonitor as well as the Bios. Anybody have any other ideas?

Edited by Sogin, 08 February 2015 - 03:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Hi,

Check using real temp. You can even configure  it to alarm you when temp of processor / gpu exceeds a set limit.

Other good ones are:

Speedfan

Speccy

Make sure your pc's air vents and fans are clean.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users