Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't log on to hotmail.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Right my MacBook Air laptop when I click on mail immediately come up with can't connect to Hotmail and it is a task on it's own to get out of there other than shutting down & re-booting. Any ideas please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

Could be just a glitch somewhere. It happened to me just a few minutes ago. First attempt got the message could not connect to Outlook...clicked again on Inbox and displayed

as expected. Try the sign in page to see what happens. I only use the online email...not one of the installed clients such as Thunderbird.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:44 AM

Thanks buddy 215: No problems logging on via Safari/google on the Mac book air or even on my iPad4 where the mail comes in automatically when I switch the iPad on or my W7 machine, it is only on my Mac book air I get the message that it can't connect to the Hotmail server or whatever when I click on mail. I think it is the setting someone how but with me not being a whiz kid like you guys I am at a loss.

Thanks again.

Edited by Beel, 09 February 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

I'm not a Mac user. But often a cookie might be corrupt. Suggest trying removing ALL cookies and then going to Sign in to your Microsoft account to log in to your account.

Some info on removing cookies: How to Clear Cookies on an Apple MacBook Air | Chron.com

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

I have given up trying after getting no luck with the problem. Googled Hotmail and added it to favourites in Safari and get in that way. Will try an Apple shop one day when I am in the city. Thanks again for your help.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

That is similar to how I handle email. One hotmail account that other email from Gmail and Yahoo are sent to and a small Firefox extension

that notifies me when I have mail. I have no need for storing emails on my computers. But many I'm sure do either out of habit or necessity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users